Skip to content
Community Reach & Inclusion Bus
- 40-foot single decker bus (2.5m wide)
- Converted by residents of HMP Edinburgh.
- Supported by the VRU, SPS, and the STV Children’s Appeal.
- Reaches and engages some of our most marginalised groups.
- Creative learning space.
- Music studio
- Sports resources
- Office space
- Kitchen space
- Hairdressing unit.
Why a Bus?
- Alternative approaches to engagement are needed.
- Get more people in multiple deprived communities to engage with essential services.
- Facilities to support activities.
- Providing advice on areas such as housing and homelessness, money and debt, employment and health.
- Visible located in the heart of communities
- Multi-disciplinary team engage and build relationships with the local community
- A wide variety of participatory groups benefit from the bus, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or socioeconomic factors.